Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Organizing Coupons

A few years ago I began collecting coupons. For a long time all I needed was a small index card box and just a few categories. However, now I am buying multiple papers each week as well as collecting coupons from other sources, especially online. I outgrew my little box.

My new system is one that I have copied from so many other couponers...both online and real life friends. It is a huge binder with a zipper around it. Coupons are placed into baseball card collector pages and filed by category. I LOVE this. I can see all my coupons and it is SO MUCH EASIER to take along with me.





Here are the categories I use, but different people use different categories. Whatever makes the most sense to you is fine.
  • Baby
  • Baking
  • Beverages
  • Bread
  • Candy/Gum
  • Canned Goods (not soup)
  • Cereal
  • Cleaning Supplies
  • Condiments
  • Dairy
  • Deodorant
  • Feminine Products
  • Frozen foods
  • Granola and Cereal Bars
  • Laundry and Dishes
  • Make Up
  • Meat
  • Medicine
  • Miscellaneous Food
  • Miscellaneous Toiletries
  • Razors/Shaving
  • Paper and Plastic Products
  • Pasta and Rice
  • Restaurants
  • Rose (our dog)
  • Snacks
  • Soaps and Shampoos
  • Sauces and Salad Dressing
  • Soup
  • Toothpaste/Oral Care
  • Non Food items (things like light bulbs and Ziploc bags go here)
  • Vitamins


No comments:

Post a Comment